1plus1 Loans Limited ("we", “us” or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions, which you can find here; Terms & Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data which we collect from you, or that you provide to us, either through 1Plus1loans.co.uk (“our site”) or otherwise, will be processed by us. Please read this policy carefully to ensure that you understand our views and practices regarding your personal data, and how we will treat it. By visiting www.1plus1loans.co.uk or providing your personal data to us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
What is our commitment to you?
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to ensuring that your personal details are kept private and confidential at all times, even when your contract with us as a customer or guarantor has ended and you are no longer bound to us. We will only make use of or share your personal data in accordance with this policy, or otherwise only if we are required to do so by law.
Information about us
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller responsible for your personal data is 1plus1 Loans Limited, The Old Tannery, Eastgate, Accrington, Lancashire BB5 6PW.
What personal data do we collect about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information which you give to us. You may provide us with information about you by filling in forms on our site (including when you apply for a loan or guarantee or make an enquiry about any current or prospective application) or by contacting or corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information which you may give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, bank and debit card information and other financial information.
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information which we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you make an enquiry about or apply for a loan or guarantee with us or use any the other services which we provide. In this case, we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, fraud prevention agencies and credit reference agencies – please see below for details as to how we deal with fraud prevention agencies and credit reference agencies and the circumstances in which information about you will be disclosed to them) and may receive information about you from them.
- Fraud Prevention Agencies. In the event that you provide us with false or inaccurate information, and we have reasonable grounds to suspect fraud, we may share your information with a fraud prevention agency to create a digital footprint based on all available information associated with any attempt to commit fraud. Any information disclosed to a fraud prevention agency may be used by them for statistical analysis and disclosed to other organisations to prevent any further fraud or attempted fraud.
- Credit Reference Agencies. We use credit reference agencies to help build a better understanding of your financial circumstances, but the information which they provide to us alone does not determine your eligibility (or otherwise) for a loan from us or our accepting you as a guarantor. The information which we collect from credit reference agencies relating to you is for our own use only. We will notify credit reference agencies of any default of your obligations under any such contract with us and/or your loan or guarantee being referred for legal collection. We only use UK-based credit and fraud agencies and do not disclose any of your information to any third party companies outside the United Kingdom or otherwise in a manner which does not comply with the Act.
Please note that we record telephone calls which we make to or receive from you for your protection and for the purposes of staff training, including quality control. Any recordings of calls made to you or received from you are only accessible by a dedicated and assigned member of staff, and under appropriate supervision. Please note that by contacting us by telephone, you confirm your consent to any such call being recorded for these purposes.
How we use your personal data
We use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- Information which you give to us. We will use this information:
- to make, or assist in making, credit decisions about you and assess any lending to you or guarantee from you;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (including, without limitation in relation to a personal loan or other financial product), to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to identify, prevent, detect or deal with fraud, money laundering or other criminal activity and to recover any debts which you may owe to us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer which are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and to develop or improve our products and services;
- to communicate with you in relation to any application or enquiry for any of our products or services, and to notify you about changes to our products and services;
- to carry out audits, market research, business and statistical analysis; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- Information which we collect about you when you visit our site. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about products or services that may interest you or them.
- Information which we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information which you give to us and information which we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
When we may share or disclose your personal data
We may share your personal data with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract which we may enter into with them or you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you, and subject to the details set out above upon how we deal with them.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements, or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers and/or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Please note that we operate on the basis that any information regarding the details of any contract relating to our products and services can only be divulged to you as a customer and/or guarantor unless you inform us otherwise or in the event of any valid power of attorney subsisting between you and a third party and/or relative.
Security of your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, to apply for any of our products or services and to check on the status of an application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we always will do our best to protect your personal data and to comply with our security obligations pursuant to the Act, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your rights – marketing and access to information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking the relevant box in the section headed " IMPORTANT USE OF YOUR INFORMATION" on the loan document before you sign it. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 1Plus1 Loans Limited, The Old Tannery, Eastgate, Accrington, Lancashire, BB5 6PW or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes to this policy
1Plus1 Loans Limited,
The Old Tannery,
Last modified: 20th April 2017