Treating our customers fairly
1Plus1 Loans TCF Principles
The Directors and Senior Management of 1Plus1 Loans are committed to ensuring that the FCA principle of treating customers fairly (TCF) is applied in all areas of our day to day business activities.
In adopting the TCF principles we recognise that fair treatment of our customers is about adding value to the service we offer by aiming to:
- Protect the interests of our customers at each stage of the product life cycle, from promotion right through to after sales service
- To the best of our ability, meet the unique needs of each customer by offering a transparent, efficient and professional service and constantly reviewing our level of service to identify areas for improvement
In practical terms for the different areas of our business this means:
- Ensuring that promotional material is clear, compliant, jargon free, easy to understand and appropriately targeted
- Ensuring that all staff have thorough training on the company product, understand who it is and isn’t suitable for, and are encouraged to challenge lead providers where they spot inconsistencies, ambiguities or potential unfairness in the product literature or product features on affiliated sites.
- Keeping detailed records of customer instructions and any assistance and options given before, during and after a sale – to help ensure we treat customers fairly and can deal with any complaints that may arise swiftly and fairly.
- Encouraging after sales contact with clients where appropriate to correct or improve on the service already offered, by asking them to review our company and service online or to keep them updated on balances and due payments.
- Ensuring that customer complaints are assessed fairly, promptly and impartially, and in line with complaints handling procedures.
- Encouraging staff to recommend improvements to our service following customer complaints – and then continuing to monitoring the outcome.
- Ensuring that staff are kept up to date with relevant training in relation to competence, data protection and other matters directly affecting the quality of service offered to customers.
- Monitoring Calls on a monthly basis to ensure customers are treated fairly and compliance standards are met.
- We continue to offer regular training in the principle of TCF at all levels of the business.
- Regularly monitoring and reporting on all of the above TCF activities as part of the company’s monthly statistics/MI, in order to assess TCF performance across the business and recommend changes where appropriate.
- Ensuring that TCF values, which are set and communicated by Senior Management, are supported by all staff and understood in the same way
You can visit the FCA website as a consumer http://www.fca.org.uk/